Wednesday 31 January 2024

Dry January or Thank Goodness It's Over!

I'm sitting in my study tonight reviewing everything that has transpired this month. And I must say i'm blown away by the level of interest in Zoothera's birding tours - and I didn't even do 'Dry January'..! 

When 2024 began one whole month ago, which has felt like 6 months with the freezing British weather, it certainly feels really weird to be in the UK for the whole of January. So I have had some time to review in more depth what happens here from a birdwatching holiday booking perspective and it gave me some additional time to 'think outside the box' as to what to do with late April & early May. The Corsica House Party with a dash of Morocco was born, as was SE Turkey. Turkey now has one remaining space and I can't thank people enough for their feedback on this tour. Corsica is a slower burn but still has 4 confirmed bookings. Other tours have taken off quickly and year-to-date it's been the best start to any year since pre Covid. I am thankful to all of my loyal customers as ever, and also thrilled that 60% of new bookings this month are new customers. It's always hard to attract new customers, lots of clients are loyal to one birding company or another, so it really does feel great to have taken bookings from so many new customers. I have also been able to revise my seabirds again for the forthcoming Cape Horn Cruise and organise a little side-trip to see Hooded Grebe. I will hopefully be able to share my experiences of a new part of Argentina with you all very soon. 

So bring on February and let's go birding!

A little light reading....


No comments:

Post a Comment