Wednesday 7 February 2024

Packing, Queuing & Perusing!

Well i'm finally on my way to South America! Packing last night was not a joy and I realised at 10pm that i'd left it all a bit late really, so my usually/sometimes laid back, haphazard way of doing things had Mrs B's eyes rolling. Trying to cram in the last 4 episodes of a series on tv we'd been binge-watching in between folding clothes and wondering where all the toiletries had disappeared to delayed things considerably. Apparently Mrs B had 'tidied up' and was none-too-impressed when I asked her where she'd moved them to...! 

Somehow managed to fit this all in one case....


And I wasn't the most popular person in the room when I woke her at 5.15am to take me to Manchester Airport for the first of 4 flights it's taking to get to El Calafate in Southern Argentina. The BA check-in person was obviously having a bad day and after unsuccessfully trying to get me to join the huge check-in queue for economy, finally accepted that I was allowed in the business lane for check-in. Apparently being dressed like a birder doesn't win you any friends here! And no she couldn't check-in my optics bag, but eventually got one over me by charging £65 for being 2kgs overweight. My luggage that is - not me (would definitely had been more in that case).

So here I am, in Heathrow Airport kicking my heels with a coffee, waiting for the Madrid flight later this afternoon. And it's nice to have a bit of time to peruse the fantastic Natural History Book Society website and see what new bird books I need for the coming year..... Sorry Mrs B!


Going to need this one for May....


In the meantime i'm glad to say that the AirTag I put in my case works and i'm wondering why i've never used this before? If, like me, you're a bit OCD about your luggage going missing it's a great thing to have as you can track your luggage's location via smartphone/iPhone etc. Sad I know!




No comments:

Post a Comment