Wednesday 11 July 2012

Taman Negara - Day 5


So the day started disastrously for me as I stumbled to the fruiting tree along the River Trail and saw a fine pair of Rhinoceros Hornbills but got sick again and returned to the cabin. Managed to raise myself in the afternoon and returned to the tree but only heard Helmetted Hornbill and Rail Babbler

Rhinoceros Hornbills

But down at Lubik Simpon beach a male Blue-banded Kingfisher flew in and perched up showing his breast band, and suddenly I was feeling a lot better! When a couple Malayan Eared-Nightjars flew over I was practically ready to run a marathon – well almost. As it got dark we heard a weird call behind us and thought it may have been a Large Frogmouth of all things but it wasn’t responsive and we’ll never know for sure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment